Hydrangea Haven in Nontraditional Colors

For some reason, I love the combination of oranges and pinks!  Maybe one reason is because I have variegated lantana in my yard and it is one of my favorite plants.

So I decided to use those colors on a card using the Hydrangea Haven Bundle. I began by blending some Pale Papaya around the edge of an A2 card on Pale Papaya card stock. 

I cut two pieces of Basic White card stock using the Scalloped Contour dies to stamp my images on.  For the small one, I stamped the sentiment and small flowers in Polished Pink and Pale Papaya and outlined it with the dark Polished Pink Stampin'' Blend. . I also stamped an outline image from the set around the edge of the A2 card I blended in a previous step. 

I used my Stamparatus to stamp the large hydrangea image in black Memento ink, then I stamped the images in Pale Papaya, Polished Pink, and Evening Evergreen inks. 

I used a blending brush to blend inks around the scalloped edge of the large die image and inside the flower. I stamped the small flowers in the same inks, stamping off for the solid images. 

To add the sparkle and shine, I used mini glue dots and the gold leafing from Stampin' up! 

To finish the card, I added a linen thread bow. 

Click here to access my online store. 

Click here to view product list.




Comments